How can we shore up our 90-year old front porch? MLive.com
17/08/2006 · A friendly retired client of mine has some porch issues that need some fixing. It's about 20'x5' concrete base slab about 6" thick. Shortly after it was poured it cracked in the middle and dropped as much as 2" in some areas. It's wedged solid now and hasn't moved at all in 12 years. The roof... Outside beyond where following actions raise i choose What Does Cialis Contain members advocate innocuous while aidan s sale. First by steel cheap viagra pens …
How to Fix a Sagging Roof Line Projects to Try
Use an adjustable wrench to raise the roof until it's level. 4. Pry the existing post away from the roof and cut through the nails with a hacksaw. 5. If the original base plate is set in concrete, use an elevated base plate to avoid digging out and re-pouring the concrete. The new plate fits inside the original and raises the base of your new post off the ground without tearing up your patio... A gable roof or stone like porch skirting can be combined with porch columns, railings, steps and ceilings etc. to give a presentable front look. A hip roof is a little complicated, but gives an aesthetic advantage to the structure.
Jacking up a porch roof Fine Homebuilding Breaktime
Ted arrived to find a porch with rotten tongue-and-groove decking, disintegrating steps, falling-off balusters, columns compressed into the floor, and a distinct lean to the whole structure, including the roof. Ted’s experience told him that these visible clues foreshadowed structural problems below. how to make facebook year video The porch had been built 100 years ago, supported by two cedar posts. The in-ground part of those had completely rotted away, and at some point, some extra supports had been installed. But these too were sagging.
The Saga of the Sagging Front Porch activerain.com
17/08/2006 · A friendly retired client of mine has some porch issues that need some fixing. It's about 20'x5' concrete base slab about 6" thick. Shortly after it was poured it cracked in the middle and dropped as much as 2" in some areas. It's wedged solid now and hasn't moved at all in 12 years. The roof how to make bullet proof panels The porch had been built 100 years ago, supported by two cedar posts. The in-ground part of those had completely rotted away, and at some point, some extra supports had been installed. But these too were sagging.
How long can it take?
How to Build a Deck or Porch Guide in 2019 WHAT HAPPENS
- How to Prop Up a Porch Roof eHow
- Porch repairs woodgears.ca
- Jacking up a porch roof Fine Homebuilding Breaktime
- How to Level an Existing Porch With Concrete Supports
How To Raise Sagging Front Porch Roof
Collar Tie and Beam A collar tie or beam (Figure 7-7) is a piece of stock (usually 1 x 4, 1 x 6, l x 8, or 2 x 4) fastened in a horizontal position to a pair of rafters between the plate and the ridge of the roof.
- If the roof is 4 or more, you can use almost any materials, such as cedar shakes, galvanized metal, timber and ceramic tile, asphalt shingles, slate, etc. Note, that you also can lower the ceiling or raise the porch to enlarge unit rise and get more roof covering options.
- Before the end of the roofing construction, the tacky aluminum overhang will be removed and the front porch roof will be extended to cover the front entrance way. This addition overhang will be raised to the same level as the screen porch and will open up the front entrance very well. Check back for …
- Front Porch Addition Front Porch Without Roof Front Porch Pergola Screened In Porch Diy Front Porch Remodel Diy Porch Roof Deck Building A Porch Building A Carport Forward This is an awesome DIY website for building a porch.
- Place an extension ladder next to the porch and make sure it is stable, if the porch has a roof. Use the ladder to access the roof. Use a spade shovel to begin tearing off the shingles. Begin at the top of the porch roof, and jab the spade under the shingles to remove them.